Friday, September 9, 2016

Now That Is An Empanada

In my late teen years in Montrose I loved Marini's Empanadas on Westheimer close to Utter Delight.  They moved out to Hillcroft and somehow the magic was just not there for me even though the empanadas were still great.  This new place at The Carrilion way out Westheimer brings back the magic and more as the little rotunda room has the feel of the original place yet there is so much more.







This little red room is about the same size as the original dining area and has the same feel.





Not the guessing game of old.


Had to get plenty for the weekend.


 These two are half gone but someone taught me to use a pen for perspective.


The Fugazetta was always my favorite with an espresso. Onions and gooey dripping cheese.




 Maaaarrrrrvin
                 Zindler

                            And a special extra for people named Leslie.




2 comments:

  1. I got your link off of Nextdoor. I miss the Marini's too. Next time, bring enough back for the whole neighborhood please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Houston really rewards good food. Ninfa, KimSon and Marini. Not to mention all the hugely popular choices on Westheimer, Hillcroft and Bellaire. We need a lot of those folks to come back over here. Our food diversity is kind of lopsided over here. I like Red Ox but they have the thumb size empanadas that are popular in other Central or South American places. I could not tell you if Marini's are the way they do them in Argentina but I can tell you I like them.

    ReplyDelete